Horse Cave Volunteer Fire Department
For Emergencies, dial 911
Fire Station: (270) 786.3473
Fire Chief: (270) 218-1356
The Horse Cave Volunteer Fire Department, which was established in 1932, covers the largest fire district in Hart County. They carry a Class 5 ISO rating allowing for lower insurance rates for city residents.
The department currently has 23 active members and provides 24 hour coverage for fire, medical, search and rescue, and other emergencies. The volunteer fire department responds to an average of 600 calls per year. They also give mutual aid to Munfordville, Cave City, Hardyville, Hiseville, and North Metcalfe volunteer fire departments.
The current officers of the volunteer fire department;
- Donnie Parker, Fire Chief
- Kevin Cox, Second Assistant Chief
- Elvis "Tootsie" Wilson, First Assistant Chief
- Tommy Larimore, Treasurer
- Jamaal Sears, Captain and Safety Officer
- Perry Martin, Lieutenant
- Tony Robertson, Sergeant (not pictured above)
- Rena Cox, Secretary (not pictured above)
- Dave Shepherd, Chaplain (not pictured above)
Fire Chief Donnie Parker, who has extensive training in operations of firefighting and auto extrication, has served on the volunteer fire department for 30 years, 20 as chief.