CITY OF HORSE CAVE
This rental agreement between the City of Horse Cave and ________________________
hereafter referred to as renter to use on ___________________ for the amount of $____
which allows access for the hours of __________ to ____________.
PURPOSE OF EVENT: ___________________________________________________
1. The City of Horse Cave groups and committees have priority in use of the facilities. Other groups may apply to use the facility. Examples of events allowed include workshops, conferences, training, private parties, shower, receptions, family reunions, etc. No commercial use will be allowed neither will games of chance such as bingo or bunko. Fees for events held by non-profit groups are negotiable.
2. Outside groups may reserve the facility by obtaining, completing and returning this application to Horse Cave City Hall. The application will be accepted and dates reserved on the City calendar if it is complete and signed.
3. Deposits, according to the attached Rental Fee Chart, are required when the house is reserved. See the Chart for additional information.
4. A minimum notice of 10 days is required for cancellation with refund of deposit. A City employee will open and close the building and will inspect the premises.
5. The renter agrees to pay for any damages to the premises or loss of city property and agrees to pay for the replacement, refurbishment, or repair of those articles, fixtures or furnishings in, on, or about the premises which are damaged or destroyed through the willful or negligent acts on the part of the renter, its employees, agents, invitees, guests, or assigns. Sums shall include reasonable cost of labor incurred in making repairs, refurbishment, or replacement. These repairs or replacements shall be made to City approval.
6. The individual signing this lease on behalf of the renter does hereby and personally guarantee that he/she has full authority to act on behalf of the renter in the execution of this lease agreement. The signer must be 21 years of age or older.
7. In all cases of disagreement arising herein, the statutes and laws of the State of Kentucky shall govern. The renter further states that he/she does not intend to, and will not, use said premises for any other purpose that will constitute any violations of city, state, or federal laws.
8. The owner assumes no risk. Renter releases the owner of any and all liability for damages, injury, or loss to any person, good, merchandise, or machines from any cause whatsoever. Further, the renter hereby covenants to indemnify and save harmless said owner from any damage, injury or loss from any cause, whatsoever, arising in or out of said party of the renters use or occupancy of the building or premises.
9. Rental agreement is for the first floor rooms only. The upstairs rooms are off-limits to all renters.
10. No sign, advertisement, notice, or other attachment shall be inscribed, painted, or affixed on any part of the outside or inside of the building except on the door glass. Nothing shall be pinned, nailed or tacked on walls or facings of doors. Tape can be used on glass of door only. No decorations may be attached to walls, facings, pictures, or doors.
11. The owner has free access to the premises during the term of the lease.
12. There will be no smoking in any of the rooms of the Thomas House.
13. Possession of alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs is strictly prohibited on the premises. The presence of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on the premises shall be considered a violation of this agreement and will result in immediate eviction from the premises. In addition, any person found to be in violation of this provision may be subject to criminal prosecution as applicable, and the City retains the right at all times to search the premises for the presence of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs.
14. Policies are subject to change at any time.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties set their hands this day and year below written.
By: ____________________________ By: _______________________________
By: ____________________________ This _______ of ___________, 201 __.
Printed Name ___________________________________
Authorizing City Representative _____________________________________________
City Hall Phone: 270-786-2680 or 270-786-2682 After hours phone: 270-786-2015
Deposit paid: _________ Cancellation date for refund of deposit: ______________
CITY OF HORSE CAVE
Rental fees shall be different for residents of the City of Horse Cave and non-residents thereof. Renters from within the city limits shall be required to place a $50 deposit with the City of Horse Cave to reserve the facility. Non-residents shall be required to place a $75 deposit. The deposit is fully refundable upon written notice of cancellation at least 10 days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellation with nine (9) days of the event will result in forfeiture of the deposit. Damage to the facility or any property belonging to the city will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
Facility Rental Fees:
Facility Rental covers the actual time of the event. Early access to the facility for decoration will be allowed without charge when there is no conflict with other events. However, no keys will be distributed and access must be coordinated in advance. If a city representative is required to be on site during decoration, such service will be billed at a cost of $10 per hour. Time will be billed in 30-minutes increments with a one-hour minimum.
Four Hours $ 50 $ 75
Additional Hours $ 20 $ 25
All Day $ 75 $100
Evening & Following Day $100 $150
Two-day Rental $125 $175
A city representative will consult with the renter(s) on how the facility will be set up to accommodate the renter's needs. Actual setup of furnishings will be done by the renter. Decorations will be limited to tables only; no decorations will be allowed on walls or light fixtures. Tables and chairs may not be set against the walls.
Facilty Teardown and Janitorial:
Renter is responsible for the removal of all personal items and decorations immediately following the event unless other arrangements are made in advance. Trash must be emptied from all inside cans and placed securely in the garbage tote outside.